Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Confessions of a Perfectionist



Confessions of a Perfectionist

I'm too hard on myself. I know I am. I always have been.

But somewhere along the way there was a shift. And the pendulum swung too far in the other direction.


I can't pinpoint an exact moment (although there probably was). But I think it was probably more of a wearing down. Too many years of hearing things like:


  • "You're too hard on yourself."

  • "Grant yourself some grace."

  • "Nobody's perfect."

  • "You're only human."

  • "Perfectly imperfect."

  • And the like.


And at some point I started believing it. And then I took it to heart. Complacency had taken hold.

And now it sometimes seems like I have an excuse for everything.


  • Sleep.

  • Exercise.

  • Eating healthy. 

  • Making an effort. 

  • Succeeding.



And a few weeks ago, I finally said:

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

I get to choose. I'm setting the schedule and the pace.

And so, I went back to basics to find my groove. And I'm working on it. I'm getting there.


  • I'm listening to my intuition and hearing my guides. 

  • I'm trying harder (done with excuses) but being kinder with myself when I fall short. 

  • I'm thinking long term, big picture, instead of living only in the moment. 

  • And I'm happier, less anxious, and more productive. 









Thanks for being here.

Beth
www.secondnaturehealthcoaching.com 


 Learn more here





No comments:

Post a Comment